Monday, November 14, 2011

It are my birthday

Or, it was yesterday. But I was too busy eating cake, picnicking in the Edinburgh Gardens and napping on the couch and recovering from Spice Market, New Guernica and, er, The Peel. (Sometimes you just want to dance to Belinda Carlisle at 3am, you know??) Spice Market was super swish but the patrons looked like they'd escaped from Jersey Shore. New Guernica was, as always, a pleasure.

The Cake. When asked what sort I wanted: "I want a black forest cake. I want is so black and foresty that there should be wolf howls emanating from within. Little Red Riding Hood's granny should warn her away from it."

Challenge accepted, and complete.  



It was made of noms. 


Today I am nomming on Hummingbird cupcakes at work made by lovely workmate. I also celebrated by dropping too much on my credit card at Chadstone on Saturday. Among other things I bought this necklace with black feathers on it and the cat killed it nearly dead when we went out for brekky on Sunday morning. Bad kitty.


Birthday: celebrated. Twenty-seven isn't so bad after all.

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! And congrats on the success of Blood Song. I've heard only good things about it. I hope you have a great birthday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I am turning 27 on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Black forest cake is yum. We used to have a cake shop down the road that did them to order and when my brother had this twenty-first, we ordered a black forest cake to die for. Fresh, lots of cream, cherries and chocolate ... Nobody makes it like that any more, but yours looks great.

    And why not spend to buy yourself something for your birthday? I use it as an excuse to get whatever DVD or book I have my eye on at the time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday, Rhiannon! That cake looked sooo good.

    28 isn't a bad year either by the way, so you have nothing to fear next year either LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! (belatedly) Mine was the 1st of November, and my friends made me a cake that honest to god looked like a castle. It was epic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your birthday's the 13th? Mine's the 12th! Wow. :D

    It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday but I'll say it anyways: happy belated birthday! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all! I have been having a lovely week reading heaps, eating heaps and making a general mess and giving myself excuses not to clean up :D The housework starts...tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one good looking cake

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful time.
    On a not-related note, I finished my copy of Blood Song and I loved it!! Z was spunky and fun and, best of all, she was often wrong about things. I love that in my heroes. Makes them easier to relate to, I think. :)
    I can't wait to read the rest of this series Hopefully they'll be distributed more widely as people come to find out how fun they are and then I won't have to have them shipped across the planet anymore. :)
    I finally found the original message from Megan, the artist, when she told me she'd used my photo - do you need any of her contact info or have you already got it?
    So glad to have been a tiny part of this.
    Take care!
    Ana
    PS. the cake looks magical.

    ReplyDelete