Saturday, April 9, 2011

Teenage Wildlife

Tivali is getting so big she's almost grown into her purr. The other night she was wandering around my room after lights out, navigating the piles of clothes and books. I have a habit of dropping whatever I don't need right at that moment exactly where I stand. It saves time I find.

I could practically hear her kittenish thoughts:

Bored. Bored. Bored.

Then she wandered onto my fluffy robe.

Bored. Bored. Bor--MUMMY!

I could tell it was my fluffy robe as there was an explosion of purring. She loves that robe. Her little paws pistoned away at the fabric. I could hear the claws catching. I should have stopped her but it was a gift from an old boyfriend...

She's growing out of her awkward teenage phase. Slowly. She's had the unnerving habit of leaping just far enough onto something (windowsill/couch/leg) to get the front half of her body up and then scrabbling her bottom half up afterwards. Much wincing on our part. And I thought Siamese were supposed to be graceful.

The end of daylight savings hasn't been received well by anyone in our house, least of all kittens who like to be Fed at Regular Times. I also had a pretty sloshy dinner at the Abbotsford Convent's Lentil as Anything last night and didn't feel like my usual 6am rise. Well. Tiv didn't like that either and wandered around the house trying out her Big Siamese Voice and dragging her toys about.

When I finally rose at seven thirty her toys were tangled in my floordrobe and neither of us could find anything.


Happy Caturday!

4 comments:

  1. Haha my kitten went through that phase too, where he thought he could jump up onto something but it didn't quiiiite work out for him, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's both cute and alarming! (Especially when it's your leg.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTENESS INCARNATE!

    Tiv is gorgeous. She has perdy feet. ^-^

    ReplyDelete