Monday, April 19, 2010

In My Mailbox (27): The SQUEE! edition

This meme is hosted by The Story Siren.

Why am I squeeing? I don't want to make you all spew your guts or anything, but look! The last book in the Chaos Walking trilogy, Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness, arrived this week. I have spent the last few days stroking its see-through plastic cover saying "Pretty pretty!" As soon as I'm done with The Line I am bumping this baby right to the top of my TBR pile. "Make way, other pretty books, VIP coming through! No photos, no photos..."































Also for review I got Wish by Alexandra Bullen and Hater by David Moody. Hater is about zombies, looks frigging awesome, and the sequel Dog Blood will be out later this year. Also, it's being made into a film by Guillermo Del Toro (of Pan's Labyrinth and Hell Boy fame).




















From the library I got Pretties as I can no longer wait to find out what happens next with Shay and Tally. And finally, also for review I got the most beautifully illustrated version of Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes. I've always been meaning to read this classic.



















All in all, a very good week! What did you receive?

11 comments:

  1. Monsters of Men!! LUcky! I got Ship Breaker, so I am way excited about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ship Breaker!! That's definitely squee-worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I MUST read something by Patrick Ness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm now feeling slightly guilty about having had the first Chaos Walking book in my TBR for like, six months. I need to catch up.

    I'll be interested to hear what you think of Pretties. I love the Uglies series but that's my least favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sooo jealous you have Monsters of Men! Since the second book ended on such a cliffhanger, I have very high hopes for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been wanting to read the Knife of Never Letting Go for a while now. Must get around to reading it, finally.

    Ahh, Pretties. I love that series. I agree with Lenore, not my favorite but definately a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo...I ordered MoM from Book Depository, because there was NO WAY I was waiting until Sept for it to come out in the US. And I was super excited when I received an email just after ordering telling me that the publishers made the book available early, so it was going to be on its way to me even sooner -- and then.
    And then, I tried to log into BD, and because of an earthquake I hadn't even heard about, flights were grounded and supply disrupted, so NO BOOKS TO THE US for the time being. Fuck all.

    I haven't heard of Hater, but the fact that Del Toro is adapting it means I want to read it, cause the man is a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHAT! You have MONSTERS OF MEN already? I am so jealous. I seriously am waiting on tenderhooks for that book. It looks divine. Hurry and post a review so the rest of us can feel all excited too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. been meaning to read don quixote too. love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't had the chance to read the first two books in the Chaos Walking trilogy, but I hear they are very good! I hope you enjoy Monsters of Men :)

    ReplyDelete