Monday, August 10, 2009

GOT IT!! + Book Blogger Appreciation Week Meme + Awards

STOP THE PRESSES! While I've been sitting here writitng this post, that book I was trying to find yesterday has been found! I had so very little information about it, but cywrain suggested I try What Was That Book? at LiveJournal. I posted here and smartycat came back with the answer within the hour. *happy dance*

And what was the book, you ask? John Peel's The Secret of Dragonhome (1998). Ta-DAH!

Has anyone else read this? I'm so going to buy this right now, review it and have a long gush to you all about how good it is.

Book Blogger Appreciation Week is on this year from September 14-18. I've just stumbled across it and I'm feeling rather community spirited right now so I thought I'd get involved. The first thing I did is sign up to interview and be interviewed by another blogger. Now I'm going to answer the newbie meme questions...

1) What has been one of the highlights of blogging for you?
Meeting new people from around the world who really like talking about books. I turn into such a hermit in winter (it's winter in Australia. Well, in the lower bits!) and because I've discovered blogging the last three months have been far more sociable than I was expecting!

2) What blogger has helped you out with your blog by answering questions, linking to you, or inspiring you?
Steph Bowe at Hey Teenager of the Year and Adele at Persnickety Snark, two fellow Australian YA book bloggers and very cool girls. I actually got to meet Adele a little while ago at a YA event when she was over from Adelaide. Also, Lenore from Presenting Lenore for doing a feature on me this weekend. It's brought a lot of lovely new people here.

3) What one question do you have about BBAW that someone who participated last year could answer?
Gosh, I don't know ... will there be cake?

In other news I got an award this weekend from Velvet at vvb32 reads:


Thanks Velvet!

The rules state that:
Once you receive this award you are to list seven of your favorite things and then nominate seven other blogs.

Here are a few of my favorite things...

1. Soy chai lattes

2. A really good writing day

3. Jeans that don't need a belt to stay up!

4. Walking down a deserted street listening to music and pretending I'm in the film clip, lip synching and all.

5. Not getting caught suddenly doing the above.

6. The pretty neighbourhood cats

7. Finding my favourite Tamora Pierce quartet on eBay in very good condition with good covers and for the right price. Which I did this weekend, boo-yah! The series, which I may have mentioned before on this blog, is the Immortals quartet. I may also have mentioned that Numair is one of my all time hottie-hot-hot literary crushes.

And the award goes to...(not in any particular order)

1. Aimee at My Fluttering Heart

2. Kelli at OMG! Books!

3. downtown guy at The Year it Didn't Happen

4. Paradox at Paradoxical

5. Shelli at Layers of Thought

6. Sadako at Dibbly Fresh

7. Cate at Sparrow Review

12 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you!

    I love doing number four, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Rhiannon, for my very first blog award! I'll post it up straight away tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I'm very glad you found your book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Soy Chai Lattes! And BBAW won't have REAL cake, but plenty of virtual cake. Which is better for your hips anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! And I don't even have a speech prepared! thank you so much :D my first ever blog award!! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that you are joining BBAW. I think that's fantastic. I hope you registered your blog too. I love when new blogs are joining.

    Congrats on your award. Looks like you have some great nominees.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I certainly hope there is cake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man! Now I gotta figure out a way to get cake for BBAW to bloggers all over the world...

    ReplyDelete
  9. The book looks great and congrats on your award! :) You have a lot going on here I feel I must nose around...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol - for #4. great to hear more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Rhiannon for the award. I love your blog (very cool theme!) An award for you is on its way... it may take a week or two but hey it will get there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cake? Did somebody say cake? LOL Great to "meet" you via BBAW!

    ReplyDelete